The Sikeston UFO Crash and Retrieval
Here is one of those "classic" cases of Extraterrestrial contact, cover up and conspiracy. A crash-landed alien spaceship, dead gray aliens, military involvement and FBI cover up, everything you can ask for. What really happened in the little town of Sikeston in the 1940s?

Located in southeast Missouri, Sikeston is a town of greenery and agriculture, really not the kind you can imagine for a plot of UFOs and conspiracy. However, when Linda Wallace, a native and the daughter of an official of the Missouri Institute of Aeronautics, began to explore what happened over half-a-century ago, she was taken by surprise by what she could find.

Sikeston UFO: Image by UFO Case Book
Sikeston UFO: Image by UFO Case Book
In 1941, Sikeston was a tiny little suburb with less that 8000 people living in it. In the spring of the same year, Baptist minister Revd. William Huffman received a call one night to deliver the last rights to the casualties of an air crash in an area about 15 miles from Sikeston. When Huffman reached the scene, he found a disc-shaped spacecraft with strange hieroglyphs inscribed in it, occupied by 3 little gray people, about 4 feet tall, with large eyes and no hair, mouth or ears, surrounded by a circle of FBI officials, cops and militia. Huffman was sworn to secrecy by the military officials present. Charlette Mann, Huffman's granddaughter, was made known to this tale while her grandmother was on her deathbed, and recounted the same to Ufologist Leonard Stringfield, who published it in his book "UFO Crash/retrievals: The Inner Sanctum". While speaking for a television documentary, Charlette revealed the photograph shown alongside and detailed the goings on of that night when Huffman was taken to the UFO crash site:
I saw the picture originally from my dad who had gotten it from my grandfather who was a Baptist minister in Cape Girardeau Missouri in the Spring of ‘41. I saw that [picture] and asked my grandmother at a later time she was at my home, fatally ill with cancer so we had a frank discussion.
She said that grandfather was called out in the spring of 1941 in the evening around 9:00-9:30, that someone had been called out to a plane crash outside of town and would he be willing to go to minister to the people there which he did.
Upon arrival it was a very different situation. It was not a conventional aircraft, as we know it. He described it as a saucer that was metallic in color, no seams, did not look like anything he had seen. It had been broken open in one portion, and so he could walk up and see that.
In looking in he saw a small metal chair, gauges and dials and things he had never seen. However, what impressed him most was around the inside there were inscriptions and writings, which he said he did not recognize, but were similar to Egyptian hieroglyphics.
There were 3 entities, or non-human people, lying on the ground. Two were just outside the saucer, and a third one was further out. His understanding was that perhaps that third one was not dead on impact. There had been mention of a ball of fire, yet there was fire around the crash site, but none of the entities had been burned and so father did pray over them, giving them last rites.
There were many people there, fire people, photographers, and so they lifted up one, and two men on either side stood him up and they stretched his arms out, they had him up under the armpits and out here.
As I recall from the picture I saw, he was about 4 feet tall, appeared to have no bone structure, soft looking. He had a suit on, or we assume it was a suit, it could have been his skin, and what looked like crinkled, soft aluminum foil. I recall it had very long hands, very long fingers, and I think there were three but I cannot swear to that.
My grandfather upon arrival, said there were already several people there on the scene, two that he assumed were local photographers, fire people, and so not long after they arrived, military just showed up, surrounded the area, took them off separately in groups, and spoke to each of them.
Grandfather didn't know what was said to the others, but he was told ‘this didn't happen, you didn't see this, this is national security, it is never to be talked about again.
My grandfather was an honorable man, being a preacher, that’s all that needed to be said to him. And so he came home and told the story to my dad, who was there, and my grandmother and my uncle. Now my mother was expecting at the time, so she was off in the bedroom.
My sister was born May 3, 1941, so we are assuming this was the middle to the last of April. And he never spoke of it again. But about two weeks later, one of the men who had a personal camera that he had put in his shirt pocket, approached grandfather and said I think someone needs a copy of this.
I have one and I would like you to keep one. So that's how it came about that grandfather had the picture to begin with. But he never spoke of it again. The other people seem to be very intimidated and very frightened and paranoid.
Thus, Stringfield's book became the first to mention the Sikeston UFO crash, following a lot of enthusiasm from researchers like Linda Wallace, who set out to unravel these mysteries.

Linda, in the course of her research, found that the local fire station and the police station held no records of the year 1941. Even the local newspaper, Sikeston Herald, had no records for the time frame of the crash. She interrogated several locals. One said that the bodies of little people were transferred from the scene of the crash. Another said that a man from the Missouri Institute of Aeronautics had visited Sikeston in recent times, claiming that he had picked up several alien corpses from the scene. The man, Linda found, was in a nursing home in Sikeston. When she met him, he said he had worked with Linda's father. However, when she asked if he knew anything about the 1941 air crash, he answered negative.

Linda interrogated many more locals, including a young man who told her that his grandmother had witnessed the crash, he said: "The grandmother spoke often about witnessing retrieval personnel at an unidentified crash site in a southeast Missouri farm field. The retrieval personnel asked the grandmother’s father, a large, strong man, to assist the retrieval personnel in lifting wreckage onto a flatbed truck. The officials that were apparently in charge thought the wreckage would be heavy, but according to the father, the wreckage was lightweight."

Linda compiled her research in her book 'Covert Retrieval: Urban Legend or hidden history?", where she included statements from various individuals as well as included the story of her thrilling investigations destined to unravel the mysteries of the Sikeston UFO crash and retrieval. You can find more on Linda's website: